Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today

Have successfully found both the post office and the library, where I am sitting right now. You have to have a library card to use the wifi but I'm being a "guest" right now. Somebody needs to send me a piece of mail to the store so I can wave it in the librarian's face.

Bowlin's Running Indian Store
7166 Hwy 70 N
Alamogordo NM 88310

It's way warmer than it was yesterday, even though still quite breezy and cool.

I see that the pics I had planted in my journal didn't make the transition to my blog. I guess I need to do it the old-fashioned way and let the blog upload the real thing. I'll try to get them posted later.

It's really nice being so close to town, about five miles to the center of town. I'm sitting in the Eugene Manlove Rhodes Room here at the library. Interesting middle name, eh? When I asked the Ref. Lib. who he was, she seemed surprised that someone would ask. Oh, she said, he was an early cowboy here and wrote a lot of books, and we have all his papers.

The town streets are numbered north to south, and east to west are state names (the library is on Oregon). The main downtown street is New York, which I'm going to wander up on my way back from WM.

Work 10-1 tomorrow and then off for 3 days. Hard life.

Off to WM to make an eye exam appnt. to get new glasses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to find some good reading on your blog today. I've missed the daily updates
Kisses
Blait