Monday, December 28, 2009

xmas day

After getting back yesterday after errands, my right knee decided it would swell up, which made it lots of fun getting hooked back up, especially getting down on the ground to reach under the rig to open the gray water valve. So I spent the rest of the day alternating aspirin and antihistamine, because I also had an allergy attack.

Today I'm much better, though I spent the day lazing about and napping.

About 6.30pm all we Bowlin folk (four whole people) gathered in the house to have a nosh and chitchat. Carol had made goodies. I contributed a mozzarella/prosciutto roll with some garlic/onion rice crackers. There was "Oklahoma dip" made of melted velveeta and hamburger, hummus, cheese balls, grapes, cream cheese with A-1 sauce on it. For sweets, there was pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, cookies, fudge, chocolate cake. I think there was more stuff but can't remember. All very fattening and midwestern (they're from Tulsa originally).

Caleb left at 7 as he'd agreed to babysit his nephew, but Kenn and Carol and I sat around and chatted till about 8pm. Then we all cleaned up and went home.

I'd heard from Mary-Ann that there wouldn't be the traditional tree-trimming party at Hazel and John's as John has come down with the flu. Not good, especially with his congestive heart failure. I told K&C that if something dire happens, I'm outta here on my way to Asheville. There's a very small group of people I'll drop everything for, and John is high on that list.

Am wishing for the best for everybody, and especially for those dear to me.

No comments: