Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Friday 11-27

Friday 11/27

My last day here at Akela Flats is SUNDAY.

I'll relax on Monday, putting things to rights for moving, like water hoses and sewer line, all drained and coiled and put away. I also plan to go down to the Apache Cafe and do some wifi work, like sending out the latest issue of Yclept Yarbro (#30!).

Alfred told me that they could only offer me 16 hours a week to start (I had asked for 20-25), so we'll see how that goes. That'll get me the minimum I need to live well, added to my social security. Of course, I'm adding to my socsec right now as it's being taken out of my paycheck, so I should be getting more, starting in Jan.

Supposedly, a big storm is rolling in and the high on Sunday should be in the mid 50s, with a possibility of some rain and wind. Monday not much better, but Tuesday, when I'll be traveling, should be better. Of course, I'm only going about 100 miles, but I need to stop at a grocery story in Alamogordo and stock up a little.

Speaking of storm, remember way back last May when my brother, his SO Deborah, and I were going to sail across San Francisco Bay to watch Kaboom, a huge fireworks display? And the Bay was to choppy and windy and nasty, he had to put on his foul weather gear and turn us around and take us back to dock. Well, I finally got a picture of him being intrepid at the helm.

But I see it didn't transfer so will try again later.

I have no idea what the new arrangements will be here at Akela, and don't really care. I get the feeling that Rose will be working fulltime for a while, but that's guesswork. When I got in today, I was told that Leeann was on the phone with Alfred and not to disturb her. Then she called Rose in and closed the door for a long chat. Then she came out to me and said, your turn. But we didn't go in the office, we just stood behind the counter while she told me my last day here would be Sunday.

Oh yes, I passed the HazMat test.

No comments: