Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bane of the Single Woman

Yes, jealousy is alive and well even in our aged community. What is with these women? Are they all so insecure? I have married friends who don't seem in the least worried about my "wiles," which is good as they're arthritic and mostly moribund.

I've told you about Harold. His sidekick Bob is a small man with a seamed face, who's led a hard life and it shows. They took me to town last week.

Well, we were going to do the same again today but Bob came over to tell me that Harold's wife Lois (the one who stays in the rig all day every day watching TV) said she doesn't think it "looks right" for a woman and two men to be seen riding together. What a dirty mind she must have.

So I commissioned Bob to get me a carton of cigs. He said he'd take me to town or wherever later today, just the two of us without Harold. I guess that'll "look right." I'm not here to make waves or have confrontations so I let it go. But I am planning my parting shot to Lois.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People are strange.

love you,
m-a

Anonymous said...

the woman must have some interesting fantasies of her own.
bah humbug & hurumph!!!!!!
WHY is ONE man better or less suspicious than TWO ??????????????