Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today the sun is out!! Yesterday was gray and sleety with high winds. It's still cold but the sunshine looks warm.

Out of boredom yesterday, I turned the pantry door upside down and rehung it. What?? they say. Okay, here's the deal. The latch was on the right, opening into the living area (it was originally meant to be a closet), so every time I wanted to get something to cook or eat, I had to step around the heater, open the door, get the stuff out, and then close the door before I could go back into the kitchen area.

So, I unscrewed the hinges from the wall, and unscrewed the latch, turned the whole thing upside down, and put the hinges on the right side and the latch on the left. So now I can just open the door and get stuff out while standing in the kitchen. I'm so clever. Of course, I've been meaning to do this ever since I got the rig, but what's a few months among friends. Right?

The Lindas have been delayed getting back by problems with their rig, so I'm still sitting in the midddle of nothingness, all by myself, with their stuff piled around my rig, like a motorcycle and foam inserts for their slideout floors and coolers and what looks like an industrial weedeater (but probably isn't). Yep, poor white trash is us.

Am vaguely planning to be in the Port Lavaca TX area over the holidays. Warm. After that, who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happ trails to you
B