Wednesday, December 24, 2008

To Town I Went

Finally, some movement. I didn't take my rig but went with Harold and Bob as they were going anyhow. I'd gotten my inside all rigged for running but they showed up so I took the easy way. I mentioned to Harold that I had wanted to get my tires and airbags checked and he said he had an air compressor and could do it for me right at the campground.

Went to H.E.B., a Texas chain that's obviously trying to be a walmart competitor -- has a little bit of everything plus groceries. Got all I wanted food-wise. Then off to Walmart as HEB didn't have Bugler rolling papers that Bob wanted. I got a kerosene/lamp oil lantern so even if my ancient light fixtures quit on me, I'll have some light. Naturally, I picked up a few books along the way.

Then off to a local seafood/bait shop where I got 24 good-sized shrimp for $7. Cooked a dozen of them last night in a sauce of peach salsa, roasted garlic, and lime juice. Tasty, tasty. Will have the other dozen for my xmas day dinner.

It's much warmer today but it's decided to rain off and on so there's lots of fog. At the very least, it's not windy! Went picture-taking. Either I got atmospheric shots or I have amorphous blobs. We'll see.

Raise a glass to me and I'll raise one to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll raise a glass tomorrow--
"To absent friends!"

Glad you've found a plce to settle for a bit. Have a lovely Christmas!

B