Monday, December 8, 2008

Scary Stuff

Winds, that is, gusting about 40 mph, sometimes shaking the rig and a couple of times making it feel light on its tires. I really don't want to go skittering across the Kansas landscape. What makes it worse is that the Lindas have gone to get work done on their rig, and I'm used to sheltering in their shadow. Now I'm out here in flatness all alone until Wednesday.

Roxanne and I did laundry today in the teeth of the winds. They pulled out for Texas this afternoon after quitting Amazon on Saturday. They'd had it, too.

So I'm sitting here reading, blogging, crossword puzzling, listening to music, but no TV, just waiting around until Sunday. Boring.

Am also checking the maps for routes and places. Have decided not to go to Quartzsite Arizona so am looking at eastern Texas for places to hang out for a while.

No comments: