Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bye Bye Amazon

Tonight was the last gathering of the Amazon workampers that I will attend. Pizza Hut, again. I went with Roxanne and George. Philip and Savannah were there from Amazon; Roxanne said they came because she asked them to; they were great ambassadors for Amazon, always pleasant and smiling and helpful. We liked them a lot, and they agreed with a lot of what we had to say about how the workampers were treated.

Others I will miss include Arzella and Glenda. They liked me and I liked them; we worked well together. Bill, while nice (Canadian, you know), would never like me for a regular employee -- I think too much and have too many ideas and don't always follow the rules (if they don't make sense to me).

Did I tell you about the lead guy I was discussing my scanner with? Well, I said, that won't work worth a damn. And he said, worth a darn, you mean. I almost laughed in his face. But it's all over now. I'm usually glad for new experiences, even if I don't like them, but this time it was all bad, at least right now. Maybe later I'll feel differently.

Planning to leave out of here on Sunday 12/14 and dawdle my way to Yuma Arizona. I'll find a place in the desert out there and wait for the Quartzsite rally to start on 1/15.

Happy holidays, y'all.

No comments: