Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ho Ho Ho?

So it's xmas day here in Magnolia Beach. Can I see the beach? No. It's not cold (going to be 74 today with 15mph wind) but it's still foggy foggy foggy. I have treated myself to a mug of aged Sumatra coffee and a slice of Blair's famous fruitcake (no jokes, now, it's really good). Tomorrow I should get the care package from Mary-Anne. Last night I called John and Hazel. Will probably talk to my brother today or tomorrow. So all is really well in my little world.

I'm going to take myself for a long walk on the beach later today (unless it's actively raining). Plans for the upcoming week include getting my D batteries tested so I can find out if that's why the lantern doesn't work. The oil lantern works really well but it isn't bright enough to read by.

About 2am last night (I was awake and reading but very quiet), I heard a scritch scritch noise somewhere under the rig, like a critter of some kind was trying to dig its way inside. Of course, I moved and the noise stopped. I waited and the noise started again. So I went stomping around a bit, then waited. The noise didn't return. So I need to check underneath to see if any damage was done.

Took another one of those psych surveys at YourMorals.org on "relationship style." Measures two related things: attachment anxiety (how secure you feel about your partner's responsiveness to your needs), and attachment avoidance (how strongly you feel about relying on others). It compares your score to the average of Liberal and Conservative scores (high = strength of feeling). Here's my scores.

Anxiety -- Libs & Cons 3.4 -- Me 2.8
(so I'm not very anxious about my partner)

Avoidance -- Libs & Cons 2.6 -- Me 4.6
(probably because I avoid relying on one)

Ya think?

No comments: