Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Enough is Enough

I had signed up to work today (voluntary overtime) but it got to be 3.30pm and I just couldn't make myself get up and get ready. So I decided that my knee needed more rest and called in "sick." No more overtime for these last three weeks; 40 hours is enough. So I'll have three days off. Yes!

Now, if I could just figure out why my TV doesn't have a picture, I'd be fat and happy. It has sound but a black screen that just happened all of a sudden. I've checked everything inside and all is fine. So I need to check the antenna connections, which means a ladder, which means I wait until it's not gusting 40mph (which is what it's doing right now).

Bought 10 paperbacks yesterday, mostly authors who are only medium-level or are new to me, so have plenty to read, even though I expect most to be only fair.

Got an email from Accent on Books in Asheville, celebrating 25 years in business. I wrote to tell them that the new JK Rowling book, Beedle the Bard, is being held here at the Amazon plant in semi-trucks with armed guards. Silly, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ciao Sorella, Just read back on your blog to PA to catch up. You have had interesting months, yes. Lots of books. Seems you might mix a little walking in with your reading - would pay many dividends. I should talk - have gained to about 180 - & keep planning to stop procrastinating about exercising - someday. Relayed your comments to D about "tinkerer" & Larry photoessay. I wish I had taped both our meetings - I took a USB recorder with me & did not think of it until too late. I made a DVD with GOM pix, including Tripoli. I will update it with Larry pix & send you a copy. Are you going to visit Grand Canyon? Idea to meet near Vegas & sightsee if you have the time. O'reservoir (;>}