Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Real Food!

Persuaded the Lindas to go out to dinner last night. Downtown Coffeyville boasts Lanning's Grill & Bar (across the street from the Mexican restaurant the workampers went to a few weeks ago). I had the ribeye steak special with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, and green beans, with a glass of cabernet (house). The steak was rare and nicely peppered and good. I wanted a gimlet before dinner (full bar, they advertised) but (a) the waitress had never heard of this drink, and (b) they didn't have Rose's Lime Juice. So I had a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream for after dinner.

All in all, I felt replete. The Lindas (nominal vegetarians) had the fantail shimp dinner. Linda B got a local side dish, battered and fried corn on the cob. Spicy batter but overall pretty good, she said. My treat to them in thanks for all their help and friendship.

Then I came home and slept nine hours. Today is bright and blustery, warmer than yesterday was and tomorrow will be (about 58 deg.). Tonight it's back to the rabbit warren, the dirty warren, I might add. Last Sat. I wore a white t-shirt, got sweaty and wiped my face on the hem, leaving icky stains of dirt on the shirt. That's how nasty the place is. Three weeks to go.

No comments: