Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oct 5

Mon 10-5 7.30am

Pursuing a moth last night, it landed on my main light and I whapped it with the magazine and the light promptly went out and wouldn't come back on, even with new bulbs. Also found out that my reading light at the bed is out (also from whacking a bug). I must, simply must, get new light fixtures. I'm now down to one fixture in the sitting area but that's over the dinette (so not helpful for reading) and the fixture in the rangehood over the stove. Had to pull out the battery-powered LED light so I could read.

I know just what I want and have it bookmarked so I can order them. Of course, what with having no internet and having paid double what I expected on the rig maintenance, I now have to wait. So -- dancing in the dark.

Leeann's doing some training. Got taken around and showed the fuel tanks, how they're filled, how to read the gauges, how to read the pumps, etc. These readings are taken every day. Was given the Hazardous Materials book to read last night and will take a test on it today.

Have I mentioned how horrendous the flies are here? Surely I have. I've sealed off the dinette seat where the coach battery is -- there's a vent there for battery fumes (which it doesn't do but the vent is there just in case) and the door that the power cable goes out -- all prime ways flying things can get in. Also finally realized that in the cab the vents were set for fresh air, which means they could crawl through from outside. That's now fixed. The hope is that the only way they can get in now is when I go in and out the door, and I'm doing my best to do it seldom and quickly.

No comments: