Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sept 29

Tue 9-29
The company graciously topped off my gas tank for me, for free. Then I was off to Deming about 10am. Got to dawdle along the frontage road about 45-50 with practically no other traffic. Got to Country Club Rd and turned south, looking for Auto-Tech, supposed to be past JT's Auto Service. I went several miles past JT's and never found Auto-Tech, so I now have an appointment on Friday to get my maintenance done at JT's.

Then turned west on Florida (flow-REE-dah) to the local supermarket, Pepper's. Not impressed. Up Columbus Hwy to Spruce and left a block to the Post Office, where I mailed all the packages. Too bad they weren't books and could go media mail.

Then I thought I'd try the library and see if I could get on their wifi to get my email and send a few, just to let folk know I'm still alive. However, it turns out that their wifi and Macs aren't compatible, which I've never had happen before. They don't have a clue why.

So off to Wally World for grocery shopping. Picked up a hand vacuum so I can do some cleaning inside the rig. Found a couple of pants in lightweight cotton/spandex made by Danskin (had no idea they'd expanded into regular clothes). They have comfy elastic waists, buttons so the bottoms can be folded up to mid-calf, and they have zippers so they make into knee-length shorts. I think they're great.

Got back about 2pm. Had placed some boards before I left for a slightly new position for the rig, so I just got lined up and backed right in. Got hooked up, turned on AC, put groceries away, collapsed. Really hot, about 90 or so. Supposed to cool off a little this coming week, but SW NM is the hottest part of the state.

Won't see Leeann again until Sunday (she's off We Th, I'm off Fr Sa). Be good to start my training as a closer.

I figured out how to put pictures of me and the rig on my resume -- clever, eh? A job showed up last time I got my email for a park manager in Yuma, year-round, 20 hours a week for $800 a month plus a site and utilities. Perfect. I may actually send my resume for it, just to see if I'd get it. If I do, I may just take it. This Bowlin job is really hard on the old bones and I'm not so sure I want to work in management again. Think think think.

No comments: