Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sept 28

Mon 9-28
Hooray hooray, two days off! Am going to go into Deming tomorrow and find the mechanic who's been recommended to me for non-RV stuff and make an appointment to get some basic maintenance done. Then I'll go the post office and mail off a few things I've been hauling around for a month (since Crescent City). Then I'll go to either WM or a local grocery and get a few items I've eaten up over the last week.

Then will work Wed Thu, be off Fri Sat, work Sun Mon Tue. The Bowlin work week is Wed thru Tue.

Am waiting for the transformer cable to get here so I can charge my phone and make (and get) calls. Then I can call for support about getting the phone to act as my modem. Dead in the water is my situation right now.

However, Ryan (Leeann's younger son, who works maintenance) brought over the ladder after I got off work yesterday and put the antenna extension on. Took about five minutes. Looks like I won't be able to put the antenna all the way down with the extension on as it won't clear the AC housing. So-o-o-o, either I run with the antenna about 4 inches up, or I take the extension off every time, which is not difficult, just a PITA. I don't think there'll be a problem leaving it on when I'm just doing local trips, as I've discovered the frontage road on the other side of I-10 goes all the way into Deming. We'll see.

Slight excitement last night. Lying in bed reading about 11pm. All of a sudden, there's a solid thump on the middle of the roof and the rig sways a little. I thought a wind gust had come through, as it's predicted to be windy soon. Then I hear padding about, coming forward. When it gets near the cabover, I whack the ceiling with my fist and I hear the critter jump down on the hood and then off (I presume, as I couldn't hear it land on the ground).

Now, there is a cat who lives under the front of the building near the front door. A regular sized cat. The critter who landed on my roof had to have jumped from the ground to the roof (about 9 feet) as I would have heard it jump onto the hood first. And it was heavy enough to make a big noise and make the rig sway. I turned out the lights and tried to look out and see it, but of course there was nothing.

Hmmm.

No comments: