Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sept 12

So at 6.30 this morning I was outside using bungee cords to attach the foil squares to the tires. Seems to work well and won't be too hard to detach when I need to go somewhere. In a couple of cases, I had to use two or three cords to reach, so I'm going to get some long ones and only have to deal with that one connection for putting on and taking off.

Dennis (manager at the Picacho Peak Plaza) just came by with a nametag for me -- yellow tape with my name on a Customer Service tag. I'm assuming this is an interim tag. The official ones have holes for an engraved plate with a person's name on it, and the title on the main tag. As I'm supposed to be a manager-in-training, I expect to get one of those nametags. I'll check.

Nicely overcast so far today. I didn't even turn on the AC until 11.30. Even though it was about 80 or so, there was a breeze so it didn't feel too hot. Or maybe I'm beginning to adjust somewhat.

It's dark out now at 7.30, when I get off, so it's started to cool off. This is good as the pavement isn't blasting the heat up. I'm parked on gravel and I'm assuming the foil squares are going to help keep it cool under the rig, and will help during the winter too. It can get cold at night in the desert (can be 30-35 deg.) but 60-70 deg. days. Nice.

No comments: