Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sept 8

Worked a little over four hrs today and it was fine. Felt much better than I did yesterday. And the frenzy of customers has slowed down. The store now closes at 7pm (instead of 8pm).

One display case holds nothing but knives, from $200 to $3. They were a mess so I reworked the displays and they look much better. Micah and Travis were impressed (at least, that's what they said).

Chuck told me he'd talked to Johnny Riley (the guy who hired me). Johnny wanted to know how I was doing and Chuck said I was doing fine and that he thinks I am smarter than he is. Heh. I politely laughed. I told Chuck he's a better seller than I am and that I'm especially good at organizing and analyzing. So we were mutually pleased.

Am now off for two days. Starting Friday will work 5-hr shifts, 2.30 to 7.30 (takes half-hour to close out). Will go into Tucson tomorrow to grocery shop, book shop, ISP shop. Will be glad to get my foodstuffs in here and stop eating at the DQ, even though their grilled chicken salad is good (but they've been out of them for two days).

I've just eaten popcorn shrimp with coleslaw and french fries -- can't do too much of that and still fit my clothes. Have a nice big glass of tea, AC is running so it's 70 in here, and I'm naked. Life is good.

No comments: