Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sept 11

The foil squares I cut for the tires and taped to them with duct tape blew off. So I need to get out the wire and punch it through one side, take it around the tire, and punch it through the other side, then twist the ends together. That ought to hold them on. When I need to remove them, I can just lift the loop up and over and leave it attached to the foil. Most RVers have tarps that fit their tires but finding them small enough for mine is difficult (my tires are 14").

Still not sleeping well because of all the noise from the freeway and the trains. The foil I put on the windows cuts down on the light from the security lights scattered about the property, so that helps. I'm so used to quiet and dark that this is a big change. I could cut down on the noise if I left the AC on all night but (1) it's noisy itself, though it's a constant noise; and (2) I like to air out the coach.

Looks like my schedule will be 2.30-7.30 for a while until I'm better adjusted. Little by little will add hours up to 32/wk. At some point, I'll be working 40 hrs/wk but I'm not looking forward to that. I think Chuck said that Bowlin considers anything over 32 as fulltime, so maybe I can stay at 32. I'd like that very much.

Was going to do laundry today but just don't feel like it. It's 9am and I already have the AC on so really don't want to go out unless I have to (like going to work at 2.30 -- a two-minute walk across the pavement).

No comments: