Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sept 10

Have begun cutting up the foil insulation. Did four pieces for the wheel wells. Stuck them to the tires with duct tape so they won't blow away. Cut a piece to cover the top half of one window (it doesn't open). Will fashion a piece to cover the west side window in the cab as it gets the sun. Will also cut a piece to cover the parts of the other window that don't open; have to leave the opening part uncovered so when it's cool at night, I can open it. Naturally, I bought too much foil so I have a whole roll to return.

I've moved the water hoses so they only get sun for about two hours and afterwards will be in the shade of the tree so won't need foil for them. Am going to make a cap for the sewer line, though, so the rubber doesn't go bad. It'll just be a tent with some tape to hold it down -- nothing fancy.

I've just talked to US Cellular and if I get a "smart" phone I'll be able to connect to the internet through the phone. Yes! So I've signed up for a new contract and will be getting a Blackberry Flip. As soon as it's been activated (in Asheville), Mary-Anne will ship it to me, I'll plug it into the laptop, and voila! unlimited internet access. This also means I'll have web access wherever I go, no need for wifi. Except, of course, if I go back to Concan Texas where AT&T has a lock on its towers so nobody else can use them.

No comments: