Monday, October 12, 2009

Sat 10 Oct

Sat 10-10 10.30pm

I was really spacy today. Not sure why. Allergies are kicking up some and I only got five hours of sleep. It was slow at the store today so I got to leave a couple of hours early. Came home, ate a sandwich, took an antihistamine and an aleve and crashed for two hours. Still feel a little groggy.

Am still feeling okay with my decision to stay with Bowlin and transfer to Alamogordo. A town nearby is Ruidoso which has the Ruidoso Downs with quarter-horse racing. There's also a huge performing arts center. So there'll be some things to do. And there's an air force base just outside of Alamagordo, Holliwell AFB (which I've never heard of).

Thursday I did over $600 on my register, and Friday I did over $700. We have four registers (plus the fuel sales register). I've been told that some days at the A'gordo store, the day's total might be $200. Talk about being a slower store!

Am looking forward to Monday off. I'll go down to the Apache Cafe and do some internet stuff, posting to the blog, etc., while having a meal. Think I'll walk (heresy in The West).

UPDATE

Mon 1pm

Did walk down to the Apache Cafe. Had a meatloaf dinner with roasted red potatoes and iced tea. Good. And as you can see, am getting caught up again. Am supposed to be off Wed., but with Kenn and Carol leaving that day, don't know what my schedule is going to be.

No comments: