Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday 1/8

Friday 1/8 5am

A fine dusting of snow on the ground (maybe an inch), although the high winds didn't materialize (which is okay by me). Supposed to stay cold today (high about 40). Fortunately, I have nowhere to go and some indoor chores to do.

Have made a further cull in my permanent library and picked about 100 books to dispose of, and about a dozen books (mostly hardback) to send to Blair for storage. I'll be packing these books up today and will ship them out next Wednesday. Quinn called last night and laid claim to a few of them, so I'll pack those separately.

This will free up three of the smaller storage bins. I think I'll transfer the permanent library into two of them and dispose of the big bin that sits on the end of my sofa. So not only will I have less stuff in here, I'll have more visual space and actual sitting/loafing space. This is a good thing. Also, the small bins are easier to handle than the big guy, which weighs about 40-50# when full of books).

I think the third bin will become my TBR stash. That's the To Be Read pile. Right now, it's in my wicker suitcase, which I also plan to dispose of. It's not really sturdy enough to handle a lot of books but, fortunately, I don't have to move it often. If I have an empty bin, which is sturdy, I might as well use it and bite the bullet on my pretty suitcase.

I seem to have these culling fits about every six months, and I have less and less stuff all the time (I'm already down to four pairs of pants: 3 jeans and 1 chinos). Of course, I still have too many shoes and way too many shirts (about 30), but I'm working on it.

I've heard from the gay/lesbian campgpround in Bisbee (which I think is mostly gay guys) who said there is an opening coming up but I forgot to send my resume. So I answered and did attach the resume. I'll see what they offer (if anything).

Found out the Senior Center is only open Mon-Fri.

Also found a Daniel Abraham hardback at Hastings Books (used for $5) so I get it to try his real-person writing (as opposed to his MLN Hannover pseud). Title is Shadow in Summer: book one of The Long Price Quartet. No idea whether the rest of the series was published; this was the only book by him that they had.

No comments: