Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mon 1/4

Monday 1/4/2010

Got my schedule for the next two weeks. Only 14 hours a week, when I was promised 16 and told Kenn that 16 is the minimum I need. I've already begun looking for another job, sending out inquiries and resumes, but I will now step up my efforts.

I'm also going to call the carnival next week and see whether they are even considering me. I certainly hope so, but I'm not, as they say, sanguine about my chances.

I was emailed by a huge RV resort in south Texas, in the Rio Grande Valley (this was last spring). I may get in touch with them a little later if nothing else shows up.

I can always go back to Tucson and see about working at Bookman's Bookstore, though they want fulltime people. Still, it would be a fun job for me.

I've discovered that I like to have an end date for a job. I guess I'm still deadline oriented, after so many years of working to deadline in the prepress industry. Also, I don't want to just work -- I want to wander around some.

And I want to have some fun.

No comments: