Friday, January 15, 2010

Sun 1/10

Sunday 1/10

After much heaving about and transferring stuff from one bin to another, I have achieved space. There are now no bins on the rear dinette seat, and it will become a "desk." I may get a cushion for it and a small folding table to sit in the footwell. If I really do become an indexer, that will be a good working setup. UPDATE: Moved two of the bins to the empty dinette seat because I realized that I wouldn't be able to operate the sliding window as the bins were so tight against the window. It's still more spacious looking.

The really big bin is gone from between the dinette seats and is now up in the overhead (which means I got to clean that floor area for the first time in months). The medium bin came down from there. So the front dinette seat under the TV houses four bins, three small and one medium, in two stacks with misc items on top (DVDs, xword puzzle book, tiny wicker case of cords for various appliances, phone book, etc.)

The permanent library is now housed in four small bins, three of which are stacked at the end of the sofa, taking up about half a cushion and leaving me 2-1/2 cushions to lounge on. Those three also make my bedside table, with current book, glasses, clock, etc. I did dispose of the wicker suitcase (gave it to the store for display, maybe of textiles).

Also got rid of most of the packet food (gave it to Carol). If I can adhere to my plan of not stocking up on food, I should be able to replace the monster 4-drawer shelving unit now sitting in the shower pan. I'd get something smaller and then I wouldn't have to edge into the bathroom sideways.

So, I'm pleased with my progress. Next week, I'll work on tools and the like.

And today I'll do laundry and shower, ready for my two days of work. I plan to wash the sleeping bag and maybe my down booties (which haven't been washed in 30 years -- heh). UPDATE: I forgot to take the down booties along so they didn't get washed. Next week, I got split up and will work Thursday and Tuesday (remember, our week runs from Wed to Tue), so I'm working Mon, Tue, Thu, Tue, off Wed & Fri-Mon).

Called a local woman who's a member of RVW and we're going to have lunch this coming Wednesday, at Juan's in the mall (her suggestion). Name of Carol Bruce, not running a rig right now, and is living with her mother. She's picking me up at 11am to go have lunch.

So, I'm discovering that folk out here are early risers. I mean, pool tournaments at 9am! Lunch at 11am! We're not farmers, you know. We have electricity -- we don't have to follow the sun.

No comments: