Monday, January 18, 2010

Today

I've been sorting and discarding and rearranging, as you know, so today I cleaned up, fed the cats, and came to town. Am now at the Rustic Cafe, eating an enchilada with rice/beans -- not bad.

One of the things I got was a smaller version of the storage unit ("pantry") I have now. Smaller means I won't be able to stock up, which means less weight to haul around.

I did call Carol Bruce but her mother had to go to Las Cruces for something medical so she wasn't available. She sounded very surprised to hear from me.

As to TMI, I find that I'm very detailed in writing, less so in speech. And anything smacking of "interrogation" makes me get very cagy. That is, I answer the question exactly as asked, so if it's phrased incorrectly to get the info you want, too bad. Typing is so easy for me that I can just natter on and on (just like I'm doing now). There's no-one "listening" so there's no need to be cagy or censor stuff (though, of course, I do censor).

I also give info out as "stories" in an effort not to be boring, but some people find that irritating. Years ago, a woman I was friends with was listening to me and another person when it came out that I had been in the Air Force. Later, she was extremely upset, crying almost, that she hadn't know that about me. It seems her idea of being a "friend" is to furnish a detailed resume and timeline of your life.

No comments: