Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today

Got myself up and out early to be at the repair shop at 9am. The leak was one fitting on a line coming from the water pump -- an easy fix.

The lights, on the other hand, were a pain. First, the diffusers were impossible to get off without breaking them, which I did to save the mechanic the responsibility. Two of the lights were installed easily. The third one, however, had a faulty on/off switch so it'll have to be returned. BUT I now have a reading light over the sofa, and a light in the ceiling for central light. So much better. And I'm going to get some yellow paper to put over them to act as a diffuser and to warm the light up. When I need a replacement bulb, I'll try to get one of those warm-white bulbs.

Went and got the new schedule for the senior center. Why is it everybody assumes old people get up before dawn? Most of the things I'm interested in start about 9am, including playing pool. I'm just real sorry but I'm just beginning to be interested in the day at 9am, no matter what time I got up. And I certainly don't want to play pool at 9am. So we'll see.

The Rustic Cafe had a special on today of ham and potato soup, one of my favorites, so I got some to go and will have it for dinner with some asiago cheese bread. Yum.

No comments: