Sunday, January 3, 2010

Today

Off to Mescalero for cheap cigs. Back to town for groceries. Decided to try out the local supermarket, Lowe's. Not terrible. Still had to go to WM for a few things. Then back here to the Rustic Cafe and had their signature omelet, with philly cheesesteak, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

Time to start eating steak and salad more and lay off the cookies and hashbrowns etc. There -- a new year's resolution.

Hooray for Diana, finding out Hanover's real name (I just knew it was a pseudonym). I don't know Daniel Abrahams either but I'll check him out when I can.

I'm reading McKillip short stories. She can really turn a phrase and some are quite humorous, e.g. "She was so ugly that mules fainted at the sight of her." She smiled and three crows fell out of the sky in shock." Good stuff.

No comments: