Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tue 1/5

Tuesday 1/5

Not a busy day; didn't even hit $100 on my register. According to "history," we should have done $460. Oh well.

And the truck from the warehouse arrived with four pallets of stuff. That's about 40 boxes worth. Caleb and I did a few boxes. Kenn and Carol will do the rest over the next two days. I'm off for the next five days.

Plan to go to Alamo RV Repair tomorrow morning and see about the leak first thing. Then see about getting the new light fixtures installed. After that, I'll get some yellow paper to temper the fluorescent green. UPDATE: I called them and made an appointment for 9am on Thurs. am.

Other than that, I have no idea what I'll do with myself. Probably will go check out the senior center and may start taking a class or two. Fun stuff in one's old age.

I'm telling you, there's something about being 66 that's doing a number on me. My face skin is looking coarse, and my double chin is growing apace. And, of course, any kind of plastic surgery is not an option, not only because of the cost. I have a philosophical objection to that kind of thing and will just have to adjust myself to reality. Which is something I had thought I was good at, but 66 is some kind of sore spot. Sigh.

I notice, too, that looking in different mirrors gives me a different look at myself. I was trying on glasses in the vision center and wondered who that frumpy old lady was, and it was me. When I look in the mirror in my rig, I don't look so bad. Odd, eh? Maybe it's the lighting. Yeah, that's it; it's the lighting. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IMO, Beauty is obtained later in life. The older the violin the sweeter the music!