Monday, November 16, 2009

Friday 11-13

Friday the 13th

Made a nice big sale (before Rose came to work, of course). There's a huge box of fireworks, mostly artillery shells, that separately would sell for $1200, on sale for $700. Sold one. However, had to get Shane over to explain exactly what's in the box (which is about 8 ft by 3 ft) -- he gave the customer a long spiel about the contents and basically sold him on it, so I wound up giving Shane the commission. I just got to ring it up.

Now, the commission rate is only 3%, and the total sale was $800, so we're not talking huge amounts of money here. But it was the right thing to do. It would have been really nice if I had gotten a crash course in fireworks: what the types are, what they do, etc. But I've mentioned the haphazard training methods before.

Rose was up to her usual poaching behavior. One was particularly blatant. A guy walked in, walked up to me at the counter and asked me a question about an item. Before I could get my mouth open to answer, Rose came from wherever she was, passed behind me saying, That's right over here, and off they went.

I was seriously pissed. Gave considerable thought to having it out with her. But I talked myself out of it. Over my long life, I've learned not to say things in the heat of anger as I tend to use a sledgehammer instead of a scalpel. Once I get really angry and let it all blurt out, there's no going back or mending it. I think I'll save it all up and have a talk with her when I know I'm out of here for sure.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't do it to anybody but me. After all, I'm low person on the totem pole and everybody else is either management (Leeann, Shane) or longtime employee who doesn't care about sales (Mary Lou).

Grrrr.

1 comment:

Joy and Phil said...

Do you think Rose reads your blog? If she does, you would not need to say a word. You have expressed your sentiments quite succinctly in my opinion.

Isn't it funny how some people thrive on keeping the sh-- stirred up?

Hang in there and get away from that drama as soon as possible! Nothing is worth that hassle.
Good luck in Q!