Monday, November 23, 2009

Friday 11/20

Friday 11/20

So next Thursday is Thanksgiving Day. Bowlin gave a 20 lb turkey to all its employees. I declined. After all, it's just me, my freezer is too small (though I could have left it in the store's freezer), my oven is too small to cook it. So far, nobody has invited me to dinner, and I don't expect anyone will. And I don't think I want to spend several hours being polite with any of these people. I think I'll walk down to the Apache Cafe; they'll have something. We close at 2pm that day, if there aren't any customers, that is.

Got a call from Carol up at Alamogordo, wanting to know if I had any news about when I'd be transferring. Said no, though Alfred is "working on it." We talked about the people here and agreed that we didn't like any of them, the store is filthy, and Ryan (the 17-yr-old) is useless.

Told her about the request on his "to-do" list one day last week to clean the rubber mat that had gotten some soft drink syrup spilled on it. His comment was "With?" And so it hasn't been cleaned yet. How about soap and hot water, just to start?! It's going to be interesting to see how he adapts (or not) to the Army next year. No hiding out in the warehouse talking on the phone for hours and still getting paid for it. Sheesh.

Saw an ad in Workamper News from the Strates Shows company (the carnival I want to work for). Called them to say I'd sent in a resume last spring and would still like to be considered for any kind of office work or cashier or whatever. They said they'd pull my resume and put it in the folder for consideration for next year's season, but it might be a while as this season is just winding down. Think I'll hang on with Bowlin for a few more weeks. If I'm still unhappy by the end of December, I'll quit and go to Quartzsite, where the big rally happens in late Jan. and lots of RVW women attend.

One woman suggested I might get a job at the bookstore owned by the Naked Man (though lately he's begun wearing a cock sheath). I said, but but I'd have to look at him all the time; shudder. He's not very attractive. It's a thought, though.

Tomorrow I'm going to take the Hazmat test, per Alfred's instructions. Guess I'm not going to be let go. Leeann said he's working out a lot of stuff at other stores in order to be able to transfer someone here. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is a hazmat test & who is the naked man????????????????
B