Monday, November 16, 2009

Today

Have done the Deming run. Gas, propane, groceries. Also made an appointment to get my eyes checked in a couple of weeks (if I'm still here) and then get new close-up glasses, which they'll be able to fit to my current frames (hooray).

Am now sitting in the Apache Cafe, having had my meatloaf lunch.

I'm so boring. They know what I'm going to order now.

I was more pissed at Rose than I thought and, after having decided to let it go, wound up snarling at her the very next day. I wandered off toward a customer to see if she needed any help. Rose piped up from where she was ringing up a customer, "that's my customer." I wheeled around and said, ever so sweetly with clenched teeth, "of course she is!" She turned from her customers to start arguing with me, and I just said "Fine!" and went stalking off.

Ever since, she's been extra friendly and helpful. Who knew?

December 3rd is the end of the 3-month trial period. If nothing has changed by then (i.e., I'm still at Akela), then I'm going to quit. An RVW friend who's in Quartzsite AZ right now has checked into some park rate there and found one for $220/month (plus electric, which would probably be about $100). I could bop over there for a couple of months and then find something else.

We'll see.

No comments: