Monday, November 23, 2009

Sat-Sun 11/21-22

Saturday 11-21 & Sunday 11-22

It's almost open warfare between me and Rose. When it was time for my break, I said, I'll just go and let you have ALL the customers. And there were a few other incidents. I've come to the conclusion that she has a huge inferiority complex which she tries to assuage by (1) cozying up to the boss (Leeann) and (2) picking on the low persons (me). I hope she doesn't irritate me to the point I lose control of my legendary (at least in my own mind) temper. I've tried several different approaches and none has worked, so I've given up.

In the middle of the night (2.30 am) I woke up with a massive allergy attack under way, nose and eyes streaming, machine gun sneezing, sinuses packing up etc etc. Took one antihistamine pill, then another, then another, over the next few hours (max is 5 in 24 hrs), and it finally backed off just a little. Took a fourth when I got to work at 1pm Sunday. Had been up and down, dozing and napping and allergy-ing. One hour of work convinced me that I wasn't up to it, sweating with fever and dizzy.

Told Leeann, who was getting ready to leave. No sympathy, just "I'll see what I can do." Then, "I have to go to town but then I'll be back. And then I get to do a 13-hr day tomorrow."

Well, I said, I didn't do it on purpose, you know.

Anyhow, she came back and I left work at 3.45, just as the pill had started to wear off.

Believe I'll be calling Alfred tomorrow to tell him I can no longer stand working here at this store, and maybe I'm not cut out for Bowlin. The more I learn, the more bureaucratic bullshit there is. Example: a display case came in for textile goods, along with a diagram of what goods are to be put where. So, no initiative needed, thank you very much.

Not for me, I think.

No comments: