Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday 11/9

Big adventure today! Instead of going 20 miles west to Deming, I went 35 miles east to Las Cruces! Whoo hoo!

It's a city of about 75,000, and has a Barnes & Noble. That was my main reason to go there. I haven't been to a bookstore since I left Tucson in mid-September, so it was time to be a little bad (financially, that is). And, of course, a few of my favorite authors had new books out (JD Robb, Barbara Kingsolver, Charlaine Harris -- the Harper Blaine series).

Then I found the local equivalent of EarthFare and got some good coffee and bread and eggs, and a few other goodies.

By that time, I was tired and so headed back to the Apache Cafe to do the wifi thing. Had thought about eating in Las Cruces, just for something different, but the only Japanese I could find was at a restaurant called "Euro-Asian Cuisine" so I thought not.

Am still at the cafe and about to go check my friends' blogs, check the bank, and go "home." Watch the dance shows this evening while munching on blueberry croissants. Sounds good to me. See y'all next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Euro-Asian? Sounds like a place to skip.

m-a